The Every Body Spa approaches healing from the perspective that traditional forms of healing like psychiatry and gender-segregated spas have been inaccessible and violent to queer and BIPOC bodies, and that art and somatic methods can provide a way of refashioning queer modes of healing. The project is open to queer-identified individuals and centers trans and BIPOC individuals in the co-creation of new rituals for grief, care, and healing.
Created in collaboration with Leo Alas, The Every Body Spa distributed custom-curated spa kits featuring local Los Angeles healers to 50 QTBIPOC in Los Angeles county in collaboration with community partners such as The Wall Las Memorias, Liberated Arts Collective, Level Ground, and Arts For Healing and Justice Network. Additionally, The Every Body Spa raffled off 2 amazing deluxe spa kits during a public Design Your Dream Genderqueer Spa Extravaganza virtual Gather Town event.
- Donate to our cause so that we can send more spa kits to QTBIPOC!
- Visually Soak in our Gather Town virtual spa!
- Follow @spa_embassy and @leo.alas on Instagram for local healer profiles!
Care Package Contents
- Candle from Witch and Heathen or Soy Soulections
- Bath bomb from Belly’s Bath and Tony WL
- Soap from Belly’s Bath
- Bath salt from Earthy Corazon
- Body butter from Earthy Corazon
- Tea from Bulan Apothecary
- Lip balm from Sonrisa Sostenibles
- Massage oil from Yerberia Mayahuel
Deluxe Spa Kit Contents
- Towel Warmer OR Portable Steam Sauna
- Chocolate covered strawberries by Sweet Treats by Amanda
- Juices by DaRemedy
- Flower Arrangement from Botanica Brava
- Heart Connection Tincture by Mountain Moon Botanicals
- Misting Spray by LA Healer
The Every Body Spa is funded in part by the We Rise LA initiative, the Idea Fund, and the City of Houston through Houston Arts Alliance. Media partners: ONE Archives and Feminist Center for Creative Work.